- Sponsor governmental affairs luncheons and informational meetings with elected officials.
- Based on research and members’ interest, report to the board on local and regional legislative issues.
- Host candidates forums for the City of Liberal Commissioners, Seward County Commissioners, USD480 School Board Members, and Seward College Community College Trustee.
- Call on each non-renewal with an “exit” interview to try to determine the underlying cause of non-renewals.
- Determine if the Liberal Chamber of Commerce is meeting the needs of the non-renewals and if there are other factors beyond our control, i.e.: economic, etc.
- Explore the Hispanic community businesses to determine opportunities for the Chamber to serve.
- Make personal visits or phone calls to our members during the year to discuss their business needs.
Plan and coordinate:
- Organize Academic Awards Banquet in the spring and select 2 candidates as recipients of a $300 Chamber scholarship, for students attending SCCC/ATS. The committee chairperson will attend the awards banquet to present the two scholarships.
- Organize the New Educators Breakfast in August for USD 480, Private Schools and Seward County Community College/Area Technical School.
- The Special Events Committee will plan all aspects of the Annual Chamber Bash including program, facility, master of ceremonies, invocation, dinner, sponsorships, ticket and table sales and other items as needed.
- The Special Events Committee will assist with the annual Duck Festival during September.
- The Special Events Committee will assist with Annual Golf Tournament.
- Solicit inserts for the Chamber Newsletter.
- Highlight chamber business members in the Chamber Newsletter.
- Provide quality information to our members and the community.
- Produce video interviews with local businesses.
The Liberal Ambassadors organization represents the Chamber of Commerce at public functions and Chamber-sponsored activities. The Ambassadors shall solicit individual and business memberships from the business community.
The Junior Ambassador program offers the opportunity for high school students to get involved in community activities and learn why community involvement is important. They also help the Chamber by attending ribbon cuttings and by helping with their events.
- Promote local businesses.
- Represent and promote the Chamber at area public functions such as parades, chamber banquets, and special events.
- Promote a positive working environment between the business community and citizens of Liberal and the surrounding area.
- Help with local events such as ribbon cuttings, ground breaking and fundraisers.
- Make annual membership visitations with Chamber Board Members. Questions and information obtained by Ambassadors will be referred to and followed up on by Chamber Board members.
- Recruit more Ambassadors.